Welcome to charagh Organization
Vision and Mission:
Organization promotes woman rights catalyzes education among under privileged children, to create the process to embrace these women and children into mainstream in a sustained manner, facilitate them to emerge as productive assets and set the organization for nation building.
Flood Report 2010
The 2010 Pakistan floods began in late July 2010, resulting from heavy monsoon rains in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh, Punjab and Balochistan regions of Pakistan and affected the Indus River basin. Approximately one-fifth of Pakistan's total land area was underwater, approximately 796,095 square kilometres (307,374 sq mi). According to Pakistani government data the floods directly affected about 20 million people, mostly by destruction of property, livelihood and infrastructure, with a death toll of close to 2,000.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon had initially asked for $460 million for emergency relief, noting that the flood was the worst disaster he had ever seen. Only 20% of the relief funds requested had been received as of 15 August 2010. The U.N. had been concerned that aid was not arriving fast enough, and the World Health Organization reported that ten million people were forced to drink unsafe water. The Pakistani economy was harmed by extensive damage to infrastructure and crops. Damage to structures was estimated to exceed 4 billion USD, and wheat crop damages were estimated to be over 500 million USD. Total economic impact may have been as much as 43 billion USD.
Monsoon rains were forecasted to continue into early August and were described as the worst in this area in the last 80 years. more.......
charagh women meeting pragm
CHARAGH organization has arranged a program for the awareness and development for the women especially depressed women of the society. This program has been conducted by the mutual cooperation of the women of the area without being funded by any donor agency or organization. All the expenses have been bored by the CHARAGH organization itself.
In this program women have been given awareness by the chairperson Mrs. Mussrat and many other female experts and many developmental schemes and advices have been introduced to them.
The remedies to the problems of the women by the women have also been taken for the betterment of the poor and depressed women.
Problems of women
Charagh organization has tried its level best to know the problems and difficulties of the poor and depressed women of the society.
These are some of the problems which CHARAGH organization did listen, understood and struggling to solve them as its primary objective.
Some of the problems are mentioned below:
1. The education problem of girls due to lack of financial resources and suitable guidance.
2. Job opportunities for unemployed less educated women.
3. Sexual harassment of young girls and mature women.
4. Lack of women respect in the society.
5. Discrimination with women in every sector of life.
6. No privilege rights and no decision making power.
7. Physical and mental torture by men upon women and young girls.
8. Children only become the responsibility of the women after marriage having no responsibility and attention shown by men.
9. Very hard work is taken by women in some of the sectors of the employment by comparing them with men such as Hard labor, Brick making, Loading and unloading of heavy luggage, Road making etc.
10. Immoral and illegal activities adopted by women due to pressure of poverty and no self respect.
Refreshment and entertainment
Refreshment and entertainment arrangement have also been made to rejoice the crowd of women to forget their problems for sometime by CHARAGH organization. The expenses of such activities of conducting a program and entertainment have been made by CHARAGH organization itself with being funded by any donor agency or organization.